Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cheryl...

I've been a fan of hers ever since I discovered the girl group Girls Aloud. She's my personal favorite because I think she's the cutest & I love her voice. I was so excited when she teamed up with Will.I.Am & over the moon when she began her solo career! Her hair & makeup are always beautiful & I enjoy admiring her outfits. Cheryl truly is a beauty & fashion inspiration to me.
I have been struggling with my weight & have been actually trying to gain for a while now. My frame & shape is similar to Cheryl's. Seeing her all dolled up helps me to accept my figure for what it is & flaunt my skinny ass wherever I go! I've heard all my life "you are so skinny", "how do you stay so thin?'', "don't you eat?", "you need some meat on your bones!", "If you work out you'll disappear!"...etc. Trust me I've heard it all. I was a thin child, a thin teen, a thin young adult and now I'm a thin 29 year old woman!  I still hear these things on a daily basis. I've let these people (most of whom are probably jealous) give me a complex & make me feel like there is something wrong with me. There is NOTHING wrong with me! I am created in God's image and he loves me! What's funny is if I was over weight, fat or obese would anyone say anything to me? I'm sure they'd say plenty behind my back but not to my face. Why? Because THAT would be rude! Hmph! I've decided to STOP trying to gain weight & love ME, all of me, no matter what anyone says. Thank you God for my body! And thank you Cheryl for being such a Sexy Style Icon! 

2 comments:

  1. I totally know where your coming from.. I've always been a skinny gal and people make Silly remarks about my weight too.I don't let it get to me b/c I know I'm healthy and in good shape.. I will never have the Kim K a$$ and I'm ok with that..lol! GREAT POST..xo T
    MATERIALGIRLS23.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your perspective. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has had to deal with this.

    ReplyDelete