Monday, May 21, 2012

DIY Photo Canvas

My husband and I have taken several pictures in the Chuck-E-Cheese photo booth. (I have a big family with lots of kiddies) I finally thought of a way to use these prints that I like so much...decoupage them on a canvas! I went to Michael's and Home Depot to get supplies. Here's what I used.
  • acrylic paint
  • Mod Podge
  • sponge tip paint brush
  • photos
  • 5x7 canvas
  • embellishments
  • small links
  • small eyelets




since my pics had a colored border I painted it white with acrylic paint. 

I then used the Mod Podge to decoupage them onto the canvas. 


added some embellishments...

and this one I wanted together so I used the eyelets and chain to connect it and stapled a fabric ribbon at the top to make a bow then hung it using a small nail. What do you think?


What innovative way do you display your prints? If you try this craft, send me a picture, I'd love to see your creations...

Happy crafting and lots of love, 

Mrs. Middleton